Today is Namibia’s Independence Day, and the country celebrates 29 years of independence since 21 March 1990. This day signifies the fact that the Namibia has blossomed into a resource-rich, opportunity-filled, talented, passionate nation filled with vibrant people. It has also become a fantastic tourist destination, and we here at Nature Travel Namibia is very proud that we have played our small part in that.
Tourism in Namibia is a major industry, contributing N$7.2 billion ($500 million) to the country’s gross domestic product. Annually, over one million travelers visit Namibia. The country is among the prime destinations in Africa and is known for ecotourism which features Namibia’s extensive wildlife. Other travel highlights include the capital city of Windhoek, the twin coastal towns of Swakopmund and Walvis Bay, the vast Namib desert (it is the driest country in Africa south of the Sahara), the awesome Fish River Canyon and many many more.
Several things make Namibia a unique and fascinating place to visit:
• The incredible landscapes, sometimes overwhelmingly vast and huge
• It is surely the best country in Africa for a road trip!
• The Sossusvlei dunes – a must see on any traveler’s list
• Etosha National Park – one of the great wildlife reserves on earth
• The Skeleton Coast with its bizarre mix of beach and desert
• The famous desert adapted populations of African Elephant and Black Rhinoceros.
• The bizarre Welwitschia plant which can live for more than 1000 years
Also, it’s the second least densely populated country on the planet, with only two people per square kilometre! So if you want to see all of the above amazing things and yet still feel like you have the place to yourself to just “switch off”, Namibia is the perfect destination for you.
Nature Travel Namibia is part of the Nature Travel group of companies, and we specialise in safaris in Namibia and surrounding areas. With years of safari experience, our team created guided and self-drive safaris that will tick all the boxes on your list, featuring wonderful wildlife, nature and tourist attractions.